The school was last inspected in February 2020 under a section 8 ispection.
In the report's summary of findings, it states that Normanton Altofts Junior School continues to be a good school. However, inspectors have some concerns that the standards may be declining.
The following are some key points taken from the report:
- Leaders and staff want the very best for their pupils
- Pupils feel happy and safe at school
- Pupils have positive relationships with their teachers
- Pupils behave well and know what staff expect of them
- Pupils are confident that staff will address any concerns or worries they have
- Leaders and governors are ambitious for pupils at the school. They know how good the school can be and are working hard to make sure the quality of education improves quickly
- The school's curriculum supports pupils to become responsible citizens
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective
- Leaders have developed a strong safeguarding team
Click on the link below to read our Inspection Report.